Thursday, March 23, 2006

He's got a gun...

I love my wife. She is wonderful. I am blessed. I read Proverbs 18:22 tonight and wow, it is so true. I have been favored of God to be blessed with her as my body and soul mate. These past two days I think I have told her at least 300 times, "I Love You!" I thank God for giving me a heart to love like this.

I love my son. He is five years old. Today we played hide and seek in the park. He covered his eyes and began counting. I ran behind a tree directly behind the bench he was leaning over to count. I waited, hoping he would not notice me and he didn't. I watched him turn in the opposite direction. He began walking with his fingers pointing like a pretend pistol. He edged close to each tree, inspecting slowly, no doubt prepared to engage in close quarter combat. I suppressed laughter as I watched him. As he continued to other trees I could see as he looked around a look of concern. He was talking to himself, pointing "with frightful seriousness his little finger". In some sense I was testing him, letting him feel alone-ness in the wood. I didn't want to scare him . Yet, I wanted to see what sort of response he would give to the situation. His confidence and seriousness were inspiring. He continued on to each tree with utter intensity, full of hope that this tree would be the tree which hid his father. I loved the fact that he wanted to find me. I watched his smile. He was thoroughly enjoying himself, but I was noticing that his frustration at not finding me. And the concern on his face was beginning to show more. So, I crept very quietly until, SNAP!, a twig broke. He wheeled around, pistol-finger pointing, squeeling with laughter and shouted, "Daddy! I got you!"

It was a wonderful time.

God is good.